A Julie Recipe-Chicken, Bacon and Prawn BBQ Pizza
With Fountain pizza bases, there is no limit to what you can put on top. It's best to use a pizza stone/pizza tray with air holes, however an ordinary baking tray will do.
If you're pushed for time, use Lebanese bread instead of making the dough.
Prep Time: 30
Cooking Time: 30
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 sachets Fountain Barbecue Pizza Paste
- 3 chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 3 rashers bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g grated mozzarella cheese
- 24 raw king prawns
- Fresh basil leaves and olive oil, to serve
- Makes 2 medium or 4 thin-crust pizzas (toppings are for 4 pizzas)
- To make the pizza dough, place the plain flour, yeast and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer and combine well. Add lukewarm water and olive oil. Use a spoon and then your hands to bring the ingredients together in the bowl. Using the dough hook attachment, knead the dough on a slow speed for several minutes or until the dough is stretchy and firm.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap or a damp cloth and place in a warm spot for an hour, or until it is roughly double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 230*C, with the pizza tray inside. (Preferably 2 at a time if making more than 1 pizza)
- Take the dough out of the bowl and punch it to knock the air out. Knead for a minute by hand until it’s back to its original size.
- Divide the dough into 2 or 4 balls, depending on how thick you want your crust to be. Roll out to the desired size and thickness.
- In a frypan, add the bacon and sauté until beginning to brown. Add the chicken and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Very carefully remove the hot tray from the oven. Lift the dough base by draping it over the rolling pin and lay it on the hot tray.
- Using a spoon , spread one sachet of Fountain Barbecue Pizza Paste over each base. Using ¼ of each ingredient per pizza, top with the mozzarella cheese, then continue with chicken bacon and garlic mixture, and raw prawns.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Remove pizzas from the oven and repeat if making 4.