A Julie Recipe-Pork Fillets with Plum Sauce
This dish is so simple but really delicious. Perfect for the middle of the week! It can be spiced up with some Fountain Sweet Chilli sauce if desired.
Prep Time: 15
Cooking Time: 15
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 600g pork fillet, very thinly sliced (see cook’s note)
- 1 bunch shallots, white and pale green parts only cut into 5cm lengths
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup Fountain Plum Sauce
- In a large wok, heat a drizzle of peanut oil until very hot, and stir fry a small amount of the pork, tossing constantly . Remove from the wok and set aside. Repeat until all the pork is cooked. It is important to only cook a small amount at a time, if the wok is overcrowded the temperature will drop and the meat will stew rather than stir-frying.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the wok and toss the shallot pieces until starting to become tender. Lower the heat, add the ginger and stir fry for a further minute.
- Return the pork to the pan and add the Fountain Plum sauce. Stir until warmed through and serve with steamed rice.
- Cook’s note – to slice the pork very thinly, place the fillets flat in the freezer for an hour until it is firm but not completely frozen. Slice with a sharp knife.