A Julie Recipe-Pork Spare Ribs
There are cheers all round when I tell the boys there are ribs for dinner. By the end of the meal there is sauce all over everyone’s smiling faces!
Prep Time: 15
Cooking Time: 120
- 2 kg pork spare ribs
- 1/4 cup Fountain Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Fountain Plum Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- Cut the ribs into individual pieces.
- In a large snap lock bag, combine the remaining ingredients with ¼ cup water. Add the pork ribs and seal the bag well. Place it in a bowl in the fridge overnight. Turn the bag occasionally to make sure all the pork is marinated properly.
- Place the ribs in a baking tray, keeping the marinade. Cover the tray with foil and bake at 170*C for 1 ½ hours. Remove the foil from the baking tray and brush the marinade generously over the ribs. Return to the oven for a further half an hour until the marinade is dark and sticky.
- Serve with rice and greens, or smashed potatoes and salad.
- Cook’s note: For spicy ribs, add ¼ cup Fountain Hot Chilli Sauce to the marinade.