Explore Fountain's hints & tips for handy meal ideas, including new sauce combinations to kick-start summer cooking.
A Julie Recipe-Tempura Prawns with Tangy Dipping Sauce
The tangy, lively sauce is a perfect accompaniment to delicious crisp tempura.
Prep Time: 5 Cooking Time: 15 Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup good quality egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Fountain Spicy Red Sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Generous grind black pepper
- 1 small red chilli, chopped (optional)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup icy cold water
- 1 egg (from the fridge)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 24 large green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 1 bunch shallots (green onions) white and pale green parts, cut into 5 cm lengths.